Below is a sample Press Release to submit to your local media outlets. You can download a Microsoft Word .doc file here.
Include a photograph of yourself when submitting to news outlets.
- Fill out your information & get a great picture
- Find the contact information for the Editor of local newspapers & magazines, the News Director of local radio & TV stations, or local bloggers –– check to see if any have specific submission guidelines
- Copy & paste your press release into emails or upload your press release through an outlets online submission process if they have one in place
- Be sure to include a great high-resolution, clear photograph
- Follow up with a phone call to see if your submission as received and offer further assistance if needed
Your best chance of being featured is to focus on smaller, more local publications. When submitting, it’s best to email one contact at a time rather than submitting one large blast. You are welcome to personalize your press release with details about what you do in your local community and additional information about yourself. Include links to Miss American Coronet as well as other organizations mentioned.
Send us a photo, scan, or link if you’re featured! We’d love to feature your news through our outlets and supporters as well!
PRESS RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: National Director
American Coronet Pageants
Ph: (512) 298-2742
[YOUR NAME] named [YOUR TITLE] American Coronet
[DATE] [LOCATION e.g. “Austin, TX” – [NAME], age [AGE], of [HOMETOWN] has been selected to represent [STATE] as [TITLE] American Coronet in the National American Coronet Pageant in April.
[FIRST NAME] will be competing for the national title of [MISS/MS/etc] American Coronet against other women from throughout the United States.
American Coronet is America’s premier achievement and character-based pageant. National delegates compete in Resume, Photogenic, Community Service & Involvement, Leadership, and Essay contests. Delegates are also invited to compete for the national American Coronet Ambassador, American Coronet Supermodel, and American Superstar titles. Delegates are also encouraged to participate in the Presidential Volunteer Service Awards program, an initiative of the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS).
[WHAT YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH WITH YOUR TITLE]
For more information on the American Coronet Pageant, visit www.missamericancoronet.com. For more information on [NAME], visit http://missamericancoronet.com/contestants.
About American Coronet Pageants
ACP – The American Coronet Pageant was established in 2002 as an alternative to the traditional pageants where contestants are judged on outer appearance. American Coronet contestants are judged on achievement and character and are active in their communities.