Our 2020 National Online Pageant is almost here!
- Our pageant has been 100% online since 2007; from 2002-2007 we were a mail-in pageant.
- Scoring is based on an online portfolio showcasing each contestant’s achievements and character (see an example here).
- Our judging criteria is based on Résumé (10%), Photogenic (15%), Community Involvement (15%), Talents & Skills (10%), Leadership (10%), Academics (10%), and 3 Shot Essays (30%).
- We have 6 age divisions: Little Miss, Teen, Miss, Mrs., Ms., & Ms. Classic; we are open to American women of all ages.
- The deadline to enter and pay entry fees is April 20th, 2020. To compete in nationals, a $25 registration fee and $120 entry fee are due.
- Crowns and banners are optional and are $40 each (through April 21st when pricing will be adjusted to our vendors’ new pricing).
- Portfolios are completed on our website and are due April 30th, 2020. Editing will be disabled at 12am CDT on May 1st.
- Judging will occur online by qualified judges from around the country from May 1-10th.
- New National Queens will be announced on May 15th, 2020!
We are here to help! Email email@example.com if you have any questions regarding entry, payments, completing portfolios, or anything else. We do get a lot of emails in the weeks leading up to our deadlines and nationals so it may take longer to get a response, but we are still here for you!
Each year we’ve adapted awards offered based on our contestants and entry numbers. It’s our goal to make each year better than the last! We have some exciting updates to share:
- Each national contestant who is paid in full and completes her judging portfolio will receive a brand-new, limited edition sash pin with the design above! We will offer these again next year, but in blue and featuring the reigning year “2021”. We are thrilled that ladies return to participate in future seasons and you’ll now be able to collect a pin for each year you participate! These pins can also be placed on a bag, jacket, lanyard, or anywhere else making them a fun and practical keepsake for our royalty to enjoy for years to come.
- Thank you to those who participated in the Presidential Volunteer Service Award program! These awards have been ordered and will be ready to ship with your national pageant awards. With changes to the program over the past few years, we weren’t able to announce which awards would be available this year. With awards on the way, we are happy to announce that each state and national queen who participated and earned the gold, silver, or bronze award for 2020 will receive a certificate, letter from President Trump, and official pin.
- The highest overall score for age divisions combined in each of our 7 judging categories will receive an award plaque. This year, the highest scoring in each category in each division will also receive an award medal. That’s 42 category awards for 2020!
- Top finalists in each age division will receive an award medal.
- Our six new national queens will receive our signature gold national crown and our newly updated red, gold, and white satin sash trimmed with rhinestones (We’ll be revealing these soon! COVID-19 has delayed these in getting to us.) in addition to her other awards.
- We will have a program book this year! Be sure to submit your program book information by April 30th.
While we can only crown 6 ladies with the national crowns, we value all of our state royalty. State royalty will reign through December 31st, 2020 or 1 year from their registration date, which ever is later. We know the pandemic has put a damper on community service and appearance plans so we encourage everyone to make the most of your reign this summer and fall. We will be offering an Appearance Photo Contest later this year open to all 2020 state queens. The date is TBA for now, pending good news on getting back to business as (our new) usual.
We have so many gorgeous awards for our stunning 2020 state queens and we can’t wait for our judges to get to know them!
Looking Forward to Our 2021 Program:
Registration for our 2021 program will open very, very soon! Returning royalty will have their $25 registration fee waived as a returning royalty discount. 2020 state royalty will have this discount applied automatically, previous royalty may need to email us for this discount. 2021 royalty will reign through December 2021 or 1 year from their registration date, whichever is later. Returning royalty can reign again with the same or different state title (you may reign with the same state title in each division up to 2 times). We offer 2 titles for each state as well as regional state titles. 2020 royalty may register for the 2021 program when registration opens (before nationals) to reserve a 2021 state title. If she should win a national title, her reserved 2021 state title would be released. Our first crown & banner order for 2021 state queens will occur on May 20th with delivery expected in mid-late June. Returning royalty may re-use state crowns from our program from any year (but not crowns from other systems) and state banners with the same title.
A few updates are coming for the 2021 program:
- Our returning queen discount will be her waived registration fee, $25 off.
- Our national entry fee will remain incredibly low (especially for a nationals!), but will increase by $5 to $125.
- Our banner vendor has had price increases and our state banners are now $75. We are honoring our old pricing for 2020 state banners, but will increase the price for 2021 state banners. We will again be able to offer first names embroidered on the back as well as sizing options.
- State crown pricing has also increased from $40 to $45. We are absorbing this increase for 2020 state queens and adjusting for 2021 state queens.
- All paid win full 2021 royalty will receive one of our new blue 2021 collector sash pins!
Additional 2021 news will be released after our 2020 Nationals!